Effective computer scientists display the following characteristics:
- Problem solving: the ability to solve complex problems in a systematic and logical way.
- Creativity: out-of-the-box thinking to ensure the most innovative and effective solutions are found.
- Resilience: understanding that projects will fail before they succeed.
- Collaboration: advancing everyone’s skillset through teamwork and learning together.
- Time-management: the ability to work to an outline, prioritising the most essential work first and working with efficiency.
- Resourcefulness: the ability to get the best out of and create the most impressive result with the tools and technology provided.
- Responsibility: using technology in school and at home responsibly and safely.
In order to help the children develop themselves as computer scientists, we have created these progression documents.