Effective artists or crafts people display the following characteristics:
- Creativity which stretches their minds and allows engagement in learning in a way that takes them one step closer to their full potential.
- An excellent attitude to learning and independent working.
- A resilient mind-set to continuously evaluate and improve work.
- A passionate attitude to their work, using this passion to motivate and inspire self and others.
- A disciplined approach to learning to ensure ideas and projects are completed carefully and within specified timescales.
- A patient manner, persevering through lengthy processes to achieve the desired outcome.
- Significant levels of originality and the willingness to take creative risks to produce innovative designs and artwork.
- A thorough knowledge of which tools, equipment and media to use within their work to create the best outcome.
In order to help the children develop themselves as artists or crafts people, we have created these progression documents.