Religiously Literate Pupils display the following characteristics:
- An outstanding level of religious understanding and knowledge;
- A thorough engagement with a range of ultimate questions about the meaning and significance of existence;
- The ability to ask significantly and highly reflective questions about religion and demonstrate an excellent understanding of issues related to the nature, truth and value of religion;
- A strong understanding of how the beliefs, values and practices within our faith inform our actions;
- Exceptional independence, the ability to think for themselves and take the initiative in asking questions, seeking answers, evaluating ideas and working constructively with others;
- Significant levels of originality, imagination or creativity which are shown in their responses to their learning in RE;
- The ability to link the study of religion and belief to personal reflections on meaning and purpose;
- A knowledge and understanding across a wide range of religions and beliefs.
In order to help the children develop themselves in faith and to become religiously literate, we have created these progression document.