From September 2020, please note that visitors to St Anselm’s are permitted strictly by appointment only, and only when your visit is essential.
If you are visiting St Anselm’s with an appointment, please make sure that:
- You sign in on arrival.
- You wash and/or sanitise your hands when you arrive and as necessary during your visit.
- You carry a mask or face covering and wear it as required.
- You maintain a safe distance (at least 1 metre, and ideally two meters) from other people at all times.
We have comprehensive processes in place to keep our community safe. Further details are available on request, but key points include:
- The development of a clear protocol and provision in the event of a member of staff or pupil presenting with COVID-19 symptoms while at school. This includes a clearly defined safe area for isolation until an individual can safely travel home.
- Implementation of enhanced handwashing facilities. This includes the installation of additional external sink units, access to all sinks within the classroom and the installation of hand gel dispensers at all external entry points and to all classrooms and at various points around the school.
- All classrooms have their own supply of tissues, along with pedal-operated, lidded waste bins for the safe storage of used tissues.
- We are recommending that all staff working within a close proximity of children and therefore unable to ensure a safe distance of at least 1m to wear a face mask or shield.
- We have put in place a comprehensive communications plan, delivered through posters across the site and verbal reminders from staff, to ensure good hand and respiratory hygiene.
- We have significantly enhanced cleaning provision and have comprehensive cleaning schedules across the school which are monitored by SLT.
- Our children have been grouped in “bubbles”, to help minimise any unnecessary contact and enable us to track any close contacts quickly if need arises.
- We are enforcing social distancing between bubbles: verbal reminders and posters are reiterating the messaging. Classrooms and the dining hall are set out to minimise face to face contact. Each bubble has their own designated space to play at break time and lunchtime.
- We have staggered drop off and collection at the beginning and end of each day. Bubbles are allocated their own gate by which to enter and exit the playground.
- We have strict controls in place to ensure parents and carers do not come into school unless it is essential, and by appointment only.
- All staff have completed safety training in respect of Covid-19. A staff handbook has been developed as a guide for all staff in response to national guidance and the school’s own risk assessments.
Limiting the spread of infection is everyone’s responsibility. You can help us to keep our community safe by:
- Washing your hands frequently, with soap and water.
- Using tissues (or the bend of your elbow) whenever you need to cough or sneeze, disposing safely of your used tissues and washing your hands immediately.
- Staying at least 2m apart from other people, and encouraging your children to do the same.
- Staying away from School if you have symptoms, have tested positive for Covid-19, or have been in close contact with a confirmed case, in line with Government guidance.
- Respecting and supporting all of the safety measures that we have put in place.
If you have any questions about health and safety, and especially as it relates to the controls we have put in place to minimise the risk from Covid-19, please do not hesitate to contact the Headteacher, Mrs Laura White.